Anatomy & physiology
Techniques for applying body massage – effleurage, friction, kneading, wringing, hacking, cupping, tapotement
Physiological benefits, psychological benefits
Contra-indications, posture & stance
Setting up in business, professionalism, patient care, salon layout, record keeping, aftercare advice, full body intuitive massage.
All aspects of massage are covered, backed up throughout by written material.
Cost: £650 (Including deposit of £100)
- Course MCJN6. Jun Mon 6th, Tue 7th, Wed 8th, Thu 9th, Mon 20th, Tue 21st
- Course MCJN11. Jun Sat 11th, Sun 12th, Sat 18th, Sun 19th + Jul Sat 9th, Sun 10th
- Course MCJY4. Jul Mon 4th, Tue 5th, Wed 6th, Thu 7th + Aug Mon 8th, Tue 9th
- Course MCJY23. Jul Sat 23rd, Sun 24th + Aug Sat 6th, Sun 7th, Sat 20th, Sun 21st
- Course MCS24. Sep Sat 24th, Sun 25th + Oct Sat 1st, Sun 2nd, Sat 22nd, Sun 23rd
- Course MCS26. Sep Mon 26th, Tue 27th, Wed 28th, Thu 29th + Oct Mon 24th, Tue 25th
- Course MCN5. Nov Sat 5th, Sun 6th, Sat 12th, Sun 13th + Dec Sat 10th, Sun 11th
- Course MCN7. Nov Mon 7th, Tue 8th, Wed 9th, Thu 10th + Dec Mon 5th, Tue 6th
Jean Pinion, Lisa Hamblin, Shelly Williams
No previous experience is necessary. Attendance at an introductory weekend prior to the course would be beneficial.
Continuous assessment by means of written homework, assignments and home practice. Home study and practice is done over a minimum period of three months and a maximum period of 1 year following the school attendance days. A final assessment date is arranged after the home study period. Please note that an additional fee of £140.00 is payable for the VTCT assessment and verification, this is to be paid in cash on the first day of the class.
VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Massage.
Membership is available to various professional bodies including the Federation of Holistic Therapists which offers insurance and other benefits for therapists in the UK. Employment is available in clinics, spas, beauty salons and working from home. The Manchester Therapy Centre has part-time work available on an ongoing basis for students in the Manchester area.
Course times are from 10.30 am to 4.30 pm depending on the group size.
To secure your place you will need to pay at least the £100 deposit. The remaining balance will then be required at least 4 weeks before the beginning of the course in order to keep your place secure. You can currently only pay in full on this website so please call 0161 881 7171 if you wish to pay a deposit over the phone.
The qualification is recognised in many countries outside the UK and gives a good grounding for further qualifications in complementary therapies.
The venue is at the Manchester School of Massage in Whalley Range, South Manchester.
The group size is usually kept at eight or below for more individual attention.